Updated on August 16, 2017
Here in Florida, hurricane season officially lasts from June 1st through November 30th. If you want to try to avoid damage to your house, here are a few tips on how to hurricane proof your house.
- Install shutters. Strong shutters on your windows are a simple way to avoid shattered glass. They can either be permanently attached to your house, or you can install a track system to put them up before a storm comes.
- Clean up your lawn. Clear your yard of any potential debris, including patio furniture. Trim trees of any dead branches.
- Check your garage door. Garage doors are a big weak spot when a storm comes. Make sure your door is installed correctly and consider adding extra braces to help strengthen it.
- Clean your gutters. Hurricanes bring heavy rain. Make sure all that rain has someplace to go by clearing out your gutters and downspouts.
- Have back-up power. If you want to keep your lights on after a storm blows through, you can install either a whole-house system or use a back-up generator.
Here at DeVoe Cadillac, we know that hurricane season can be a trying time here in Florida. We hope with these tips, that you will feel more prepared for the next storm that comes!
Updated on August 16, 2017
There is nothing quite like the Cadillac Escalade when you need luxury on a grand scale. It has been wowing neighbors and superstars alike since its introduction in 1999. For the 2018 model year, the Cadillac is getting a few updates. Here is a 2018 Cadillac Escalade preview.
The exterior of the Escalade will not really change for the 2018 model year. Most of the updates we will see will be on the inside. One of the most notable changes will be an updated CUE system. The menus are now bigger and bolder to more closely resemble a smartphone screen and should make it easier to use.
Just like in previous model years, buyers will be able to deck out the Escalade’s interior with premium materials including fine leather and real wood and aluminum trim. And, with available seating for up to nine passengers, everyone will ride in comfort. There are numerous luxurious amenities available including a rear seat entertainment system, massaging front seats, a heated steering wheel, and plenty of available advanced safety features.
Under the hood, the Escalade comes equipped with a powerful 6.2-liter V8 that has more than enough power to take you, your crew, and any toys you want to haul, to your next destination.
You can expect to see the 2018 Cadillac Escalade here at DeVoe Cadillac by the end of the year.
Updated on July 18, 2017
There is almost nothing worse that realizing you have just been locked out of your car. Most people realize this almost the second it happens. You close the door and suddenly you see your keys are sitting on your driver seat and the doors are locked. Here are a few tips to help prevent that situation or help you get out of it quickly when it does happen.
- Keep your keys on you. When you are getting out of your car, always take your keys with you. Put them in your pocket or purse.
- Use the fob. If you always use the key fob to lock your doors, this means you will always have them in your hand when the doors are locked.
- Use OnStar. All new Cadillac vehicles come equipped with OnStar. Use your subscription service to remotely unlock your car in case you do get locked out.
- Have a spare. You can try keeping a spare key in your purse or giving one to a friend or family member. If you get locked out, give them a call to see if they can come help you out.
Here at DeVoe Cadillac, we hope you never find yourself in this situation, but with these tips, you can get on your way quickly again.
Updated on July 17, 2017
If you are planning any beach time this summer, you know that going to the beach is more complicated that just packing your swimsuit and a towel. If you want to have the best beach day ever, consider some of this must have beach gear.
- Lock box. With all the gadgets we carry with us, finding a safe place for them at the beach can be complicated. The SAFEGO vacation vault, locks onto a chair or pole and keeps your valuables secure.
- Microfiber towel. Get dry quickly with one of these microfiber towels. Not only will you be drier faster, but this towel is much smaller than traditional towels, leaving more room in your beach bag for other essentials.
- Sand free tote. Whenever you leave the beach, you know that you will be bringing home lots of sand. But with this unique sand-free tote, there won’t be any sand at the bottom of your bag. It filters the sand out of the bottom of the bag, but won’t let any come in.
- Baby powder. Did you know that this common household item will magically clean the sand off your body? Be sure to pack a bottle and you will be sand-free and baby powder fresh.
Which of these beach day items are you planning to pack for your next adventure? Need a new summertime adventure vehicle? Come visit us at DeVoe Cadillac today.
Updated on June 23, 2017
Everyone likes to save money when possible, but the summer heat can be too much at times. Unfortunately, air conditioning tends to drive electric bills during the summer fairly high and that isn’t good for your wallet. On the bright side, there are ways to stay cool and keep your money. We here at DeVoe Cadillac have a few ways you can save money on electric bills during summer months.
Unplug – Believe it or not, some appliances and products use electricity even when they’re off; it’s more like they’re in “standby” as opposed to be completely unplugged. Fortunately, the solution to save a little money is to literally unplug them. Alternatively, use surge protectors and simply flick the switch to cut the power completely.
Laundry – Washers and dryers can generate a fair amount of heat which is why it pays to do the laundry at night, when it’s cooler. It doesn’t help that the water heater has to use power to heat the water up to begin with. To cut down on power usage, use cold water whenever possible. It wouldn’t hurt to hand-dry dishes instead of using a dishwater, too.
Air Conditioning – Coming in from a hot day under the sun calls for lowering the temperature on the air conditioner, right? Unfortunately, that few minutes of relief can cost a bundle. Instead, find a different way to cool off, such as taking a cool shower.
Updated on June 23, 2017
Cadillac has been lacking in the technology sector for quite a while, but now the premier luxury brand is catching up, and even surpassing, its closest competitors. The latest addition to the brand’s technology features is Cadillac Super Cruise™—this new technology makes use of two different systems in order to make long road trips must more relaxing.
In short, the Cadillac Super Cruise™ system makes highway driving a simple, hands-free activity. The advanced system focuses primarily on driver convenience and safety. Cadillac Super Cruise™ is the industry’s first hands-free driving technology designed for the highway.
The hands-free capability and driver attention system work together to encourage the driver to pay attention despite the autonomous feature. The new system adds automatic lane-centering to the long list of available active safety technologies, and also enables automatic speed control and steering when activated on the highway.
The driver attention system makes use of a camera and infrared lights located at the top of the steering column. Together, they help determine where the driver is looking when the system is activated. By monitoring driver attention and control, Cadillac essentially ensures optimal safety for drivers and their vehicles.
Cadillac Super Cruise™ will officially debut later this fall in the 2018 Cadillac CT6.
We here at DeVoe Cadillac are pumped for the latest addition to the luxury brand’s available technologies!
Posted on May 25, 2017
Summer is a great time to spend your time cruising outside, but unfortunately, it also means you have to be smart to beat the heat. If you need to keep your car cool, here are a few awesome tips for preventing your vehicle from turning into a mobile oven under the sun’s hot rays.
Crack Your Windows
Part of the problem is that after sunlight comes into your vehicle, it heats up the air in the car, and having your windows rolls up prevents that hot air from escaping. Cracking your windows help your car ventilate.
Park in Shade or Use a Sunshade
You can’t always find a shady spot, so invest in something to cover your windshield or windows.
Tint Your Windows
This helps prevent your car from getting too hot both while you’re parked and driving if you’re willing to cough up the extra money.
Use Bottom Air Vents First
Heat rises. If you’re overheating while drive, try turning on the vents by your feet first before you turn on the one aimed at your face.
We at DeVoe Cadillac offer year-round AC service, so if you want to keep your car cool in the summertime, don’t hesitate to stop by our dealership and have our trained service technicians take a look at your Cadillac.
Posted on May 25, 2017
Being located near Marco Island is a blast for us here at DeVoe Cadillac. What’s better than heading to the island and enjoying a great day of all the fun things to do in the area? Here’s some of our favorite suggestions.
South Marco Beach
There are only two public beaches on Marco Island, with South Marco Beach being the quieter and less crowded beach. Head here for a relaxing afternoon of sun, sand, and ocean.
Isles of Capri Marina
Ever wanted to paddle your way out to a pristine, undisturbed island? Isles of Capri Marina does boat rentals and is located right next to Marco River for easy access to the ocean.
Quinn’s on the Beach
This yummy local restaurant, located right on the coast, has a nightly fire-dancer show for everyone in attendance.
Marco Island Historical Museum
Head to this local attraction dedicated to preserving the history of the island, including its past as the home of the Calusa Indians with a replica of the Calusa village.
There are plenty more fun things to do on Marco Island for you to add to your itinerary. Plus, there’s nothing better than cruising in the sun in your Cadillac, so stop by our dealership today!
Updated on April 25, 2017
Plenty of restaurants serve breakfast and lunch, but how many serve brunch? As it turns out, there are a quite a few fantastic establishments in Naples that do! Grab some delicious food between breakfast and lunch. Here are some of the best brunch restaurants in Naples, Florida as suggested by us here at DeVoe Cadillac. Enjoy!
- Blueberry’s – A touch of country living and homemade meals go hand-in-hand at Blueberry’s. The restaurant offers a wide variety of breakfast foods, including French toast, eggs, and nearly a dozen types of pancakes. Best of all, you can get breakfast and lunch together!
- Breakfast Plus – Located near the Marco Town Center, Breakfast Plus features a long list of house specialties. Breakfast items include grits, bread pudding with hot lemon sauce, and Texas French toast. Breakfast runs until closing time at 2:30pm and lunch starts at 11am.
- Old 41 Restaurant – Open for breakfast and lunch with a closing time of 3pm, Old 41 Restaurant is the near-definition of brunch. Delightful dishes include Boar’s Head hoagies, fresh-ground Columbian coffee, and Philly Breakfast with Taylor Pork Roll!
Anyone can sleep late and still wake up in time for some delicious breakfast food. Stop in Naples, Florida for some delightful brunch dishes influenced by cities and countries from around the world!
Posted on April 25, 2017
The 2017 Cadillac CTS is a performance car that’s as safe as it is luxurious, but it’s getting even safer. The automaker announced that the CTS would see additional safety technology. As it turns out, that safety technology is Vehicle-to-Vehicle communications. The innovative technology is the first step to safer roads. Cadillac is the first brand to implement the technology.
Vehicle-to-Vehicle safety technology essentially allows vehicles to communicate with one another. Vehicles can be up to 1,000 feet away and exchange up to 1,000 messages per second. Put simply, the new technology allows cars to detect hazards that it can’t see.
“V2V essentially enables the car to sense around corners. Connecting vehicles through V2V holds tremendous potential, as this technology enables the car to acquire and analyze information outside the bounds of the driver’s field of vision,” said Richard Brekus, Cadillac global director, Product Strategy.
The new Vehicle-to-Vehicle technology can operate without cellular coverage, good weather, or a clear sight line. Multiple vehicles create a wireless network all on their own.
The new technology is a standard safety feature in the 2017 CTS and joins active safety features like Forward Collision Mitigation. Cadillac plans to roll out the technology to the rest of the lineup, starting with the 2018 ATS and XTS.
We here at DeVoe Cadillac are happy to see the luxurious Cadillac CTS getting more standard safety features!