Updated on July 9, 2015
DeVoe Automotive Gives Back To The Naples Community
Everybody has heard the saying that the best thing to invest in is – all together now – your education. However, continuing education after high school is getting more and more expensive, meaning that less young people can afford going to college. That’s exactly why one of the best times of the year for all of us here at DeVoe is when the school year is winding down and high school seniors are preparing to move on to the next phase in their life.
Every year since 1970, we have had the privilege of helping about 10 students with their college tuition by providing them with scholarships. In fact, since Mr. Richard DeVoe started this scholarship program in 1970, DeVoe has paid out over $2 million to assist students in paying for college. This year alone, we are happy to provide 10 graduating high school seniors with $12,000 each to help finance their college education.
However, it’s not easy to narrow the field down to 10 students. The DeVoe Scholarship committee interviews students and evaluates test scores, GPA, goals, and motivation to determine who to award the scholarships to.
So after much thought and consideration, we are happy to award the following students with scholarships:
- Aysegul Ozturk – Lely High School
- Sergio Alvarez – Golden Gate High School
- Lacey Pearson – Naples High School
- Patrick McPhee – Gulf Coast High School
- Rebecca DePrisco – Palmetto Ridge High School
- Daniel Barnebee – Barron Collier High School
- Stephanie Spear – Barron Collier High School
- Marcos Gonzalez – Immokalee High School
- Daniel Guzman-Ramos – Immokalee High School
- Daniela Salazar – Lorenzo Walker High School
Congratulations to all of you! You’ve earned it!