When you think about fall, most people imagine a rainbow of crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, delicious smells, and pumpkin everything. Here in Florida, fall is something a little different—palm trees, warm breezes, and white sandy beaches.
But, if you’re in the mood for a classic fall, here are some tips to fake the fall season in Florida:
- Visit local farmers markets to enjoy the bounty of the autumn harvest.
- Have a northern neighbor mail you a box of brightly-colored fall leaves. Use them as decorations, or you can even burn them to create a wonderful smell
- Keep a pot of simmering water on your stove filled with fragrant spices like cinnamon sticks, cloves, and orange slices.
- Cook lots of fall foods, like pumpkin cookies and apple pie.
- Turn your air conditioning down nice and cold and then put on your favorite fall outfit and cozy up with a pumpkin spice latte and your favorite book.
How do you celebrate fall in your home?