One of the most important steps you need to take when buying a car is the test drive. However, a good test drive is more than just driving around the block even a couple of times. These five tips for taking a test drive will help you get the most out of your experience at DeVoe Cadillac.
- Do a visual inspection. Before you even sit in the driver’s seat, take a walk around the car and look under the hood. Look for dents, rust, cracks, and any signs of extreme wear. You should also test the exterior lights.
- Start the engine. Now, fire up the engine and let it run for a few minutes. Listen for any strange noises. This is also a good time to make sure the driver’s seat is comfortable, the air conditioning and heater work, and the radio and other entertainment features are operational.
- Do some city driving. Drive down an average “city” street with stop-and-go traffic. Feel how the car handles when braking. Listen for any squeaks. How does the car feel while turning?
- Hit the highway. Now take the car on the highway and drive at least 55 mph. Does the car accelerate well? Do features like the cruise control and active safety features work well?
- Practice parking. Find a parking lot and practice both parallel and perpendicular parking.
We’re confident that you’ll love your test drive in a brand-new Cadillac at DeVoe Cadillac. Call us or stop in and we’ll make it happen.